Thursday, September 8, 2016

My favorite food.....

Food... that is my comfort!! I LOVE food. Eating, cooking, reading, watching, talking... I LOVE FOOD!

My absolute favorite food in the entire world is FRESH seafood, on the beach :) or Mexican food, or ANY KIND OF FOOD... I think I am a food addict. I say that because food is a comfort for me. When I'm happy, sad, having a good day or a bad day, I turn to food. One time during a particularly rough period, like I lost my job, I went through 3 drive thru's and proceeded to go to a park and eat my feelings away.

When we go to the grocery store I always have the idea to eat healthy. Even make healthy choices on my list and meal plans... but when I get to the grocery store all of the bad foods that comfort me when that anxiety or depression come to take me away, it's like they say my name and calll me to them.... When my mom tries to remind me that I'm eating healthy now I get angry... I make excuses... I buy all the bad stuff anyways.  

The worst part is that I know that I do not want this cycle to continue. I hate myself for it... but when I'm faced with the food I just can not say no... So the question, What is your favorite food, that is hard for me because so many give me comfort... I always said I love food because I'm Italian but I think it is because I've always used food as a comfort. When someone dies, you take them food, when someone gets married, you celebrate with food, when you have a birthday you celebrate with food...

Now if I'm happy I cook, if I'm sad I eat, I am in therapy... in my kitchen on a daily basis. I'm never going to stop turning to food for comfort, now I'm just trying to do more of the cooking and make more healthy choices.... I'm also trying to exercise more so there is less jiggle when I giggle :) but for now I'm saying all foods are my favorite and maybe later I'll narrow that down some...

No comments:

Post a Comment